After 12 long years, the restoration of the primary buildings at Poplar Heights Farm has been completed.
The primary barn, a peg and beam threshing barn, was built around 1874. It has been restored and is now used for programs, displays, demonstrations, catered dinners, and wedding receptions.
The broom corn barn, over 100 years old has been restored. The west section now houses the Seelinger Broom Works, bringing visitors fine brooms crafted from broom grown on the farm and crafted on original antique machines.
Thanks to several generous donations, a mill exhibit is currently being constructed adjacent to the Broom Corn Barn. When completed it will have a working 1871 Marmon-Nordyke stone grist mill, a hammer mill, mixer, elevator, and a line shaft with pulleys to operate everything.
The farm fields are being developed to promote native Missouri plants and wildlife and will include a series of walking trails.